Leveraging innovation and technology to advance access to careers
The decision to choose a career is one of the most important choices our youth will make in their lives. That's why My Future, My Career is here to help. We strive to make the decision easier for them by providing valuable resources and guidance to help navigate the complex world of career paths. With our support, we empower learners to discover their passions and align them with their career aspirations.
What is the programme about?
Career guidance is essential for the pipeline development of passionate and prepared job seekers. Collaboration between the public, private, educational, and social sectors is key to achieving this. By instilling excitement and hope in learners about the possibilities for their future and encouraging them to work towards their goals and aspirations, we equip them with the information they need to make sound career choices and provide funding opportunities for career advancement.
Our goal is to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements for various careers, encouraging them to explore and take full advantage of the career opportunities that exist. Through interviews or testimonials of real-life professionals, we help learners better understand what to expect in the workplace.
We also direct learners to organizations that can offer support beyond the programme. Ultimately, we aim to equip learners from under-serviced schools with the information they need to make sound career decisions and pursue their dreams.
Through combining knowledge of academics and experienced professionals from industries, it answers the following:
- What careers are available to me?
- Is there anyone out there to help me turn my decisions into a reality?
- With all the career possibilities available, how do I make the decision?
- Once I know the career path I want to follow, how do I get there?
So how does it work?
Join us in our mission to make education accessible and exciting for all.
- To provide Grade 8-12 learners with an understanding of the requirements for various careers – academic and personality requirements.
- To encourage learners to pro-actively explore and take full advantage of the career opportunities that exist.
- To assist learners to find their dream jobs where they can spend their lives pursuing success in a path that they are passionate about.
- To assist learners to better understand what to expect in the workplace using interviews or testimonials of real life professionals.
- To direct learners to organisations that can offer support beyond the programme.
- To equip learners from underserved schools with the information they need to make sound career decisions.
- Provide learners a clear understanding of academic qualifications required for different professions.
- Provide learners with an understanding of what to expect in the workplace.
- Broaden learners’ knowledge in respect of viable and scarce fields of work.
- Inspire learners to make choices, and/or identify their aligned fields.
- Provide learners with an understanding of their personality traits, and strengths and weaknesses, and inform them of the importance of these when selecting a career path.